If you are anything like me, you are better at complaining about the cost of dog treats than doing something about it. Well, this 2 ingredient dog treat recipe is not only a keeper, but it will keep your pocket book happy.
Ingredients For Simple Dog Treats
1 cup of whole wheat flour (white is fine if your pup can have it)
1 4oz jar of baby food (I use mixed veggie)
Instructions For Simple Dog Treats
1. First, preheat your oven to 350 degrees. Then I get messy with this right on the counter. Place your cup of flour on the counter and create a small reservoir in the middle to add the whole jar of baby food
2. Ready to get sticky? Gently combine the ingredients together and kneed them for about 2 minutes until you have a nice dough. If for some reason it is too dry, add a bit of water to help
3. Once you have a nice ball of dough, roll it out to about 1/4 inch. They will puff up a bit in the oven.
4. Once you have it rolled out, use your favorite cookie or dog biscuit cutters to cut out your treats. My goldendoodle Dug loves those small biscuits, so I opted to use the smaller form of a dog bone and fire hydrant cookie cutter
5. Once you have your treats cut out, take a fork and prick the tops of each of the biscuits then lay them out on your sheet tray. Place them in the oven for about 15 minutes. If you want them a little harder, you can cook them longer
6. Once they cool you can keep these shelf stable for about 2 weeks. I would suggest placing them in an air-tight container or a paper bag
And there you have it! This recipe makes about 35-40 small treats, less if you make bigger ones. If you loved this recipe, please share it with those who may also enjoy it!