Who needs Red Lobster when you can make your pooch these Cheddar “Bark” Biscuits
Today my 6 year old son and I made these delicious copycat dog friendly cheddar biscuits. Getting my kids in the kitchen is always really important to me, and it was a whole lot of fun for him and I. After they were cooled and done, I couldn’t keep his hands off of them because he thought they tasted so good, so feel free to take a bite yourself if you are feeling brave. I know your doodle will LOVE these biscuits, so give them a try.
2 cups whole wheat flour
3/4 cup of shredded cheddar cheese
1/4 vegetable oil
1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp garlic powder *garlic powder in very small amounts is perfectly safe for your dog*
- Preheat your oven to 400 degrees
- Combine all ingredients into a bowl. No need to get fancy, just mix them together until they are combined well and create a easy to use dough. Add extra water if your dough is too dry.
- Roll out your dough 1/2″ thick. It is your preference on how thin or thick you want them. But remember they will take longer to cook if you have them thick
- Use your favorite doggie cookie cutters to cut out the treats. I used a large dog bone cookie cutter.
- Place them on the sheet and pop them in the oven for 15-18 minutes. If they are thicker this may increase your time, so keep an eye on them
- Cool and let your pup enjoy! This recipe will make up to 20-40 cheddar “bark” biscuits. They should keep for about 7-10 days.
Did you try these biscuits? How did your pooch like them? Let us know in the comments
Don’t forget to share!